E.A. Coonan & Son was founded in 1885 by Edward A. Coonan at Rathcoffey. The business was transferred to Maynooth in 1938 and a second branch was opened in Celbridge in 1999 with a third branch opening in Naas in the spring of this year.

The firm has been a long-standing member of the Irish Auctioneers and Valuers Institute now the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland and have played an active part in both organisations over the years of its membership.

 

In addition to our specialist & historical knowledge of the agricultural sector – we have developed an acknowledged expertise in the commercial, new homes and residential letting sectors due to the considerable urban growth in our area in the last twenty years. This includes development land, new & second hand homes, industrial and retail together with valuations whilst continuing with our traditional areas of sales of farm land, stud farms and country property. With our expert local knowledge of our catchment area we can assist clients with their decision making regarding the management of their assets and have over the years advised and assisted many multinational, institutional, private firms and others in this regard.

 

In the early 1980’s the focus changed for Coonan to the sale of Stud Farms as this became a focal part of Estate Agency in Cos. Kildare and Meath during that period and the firm became leading agents in this area. Around the turn of the century with the spread of Dublin to the commuter towns in north Kildare the firm changed its focus to Development Land and New Homes though continuing with its part in the Stud Farm and Agricultural sector. As Dublin continues to expand there is still a strong demand for Coonan Property services and we have adopted our service to become the leading New Home specialists in the Greater Dublin Area presently marketing 14 schemes with sales in all ongoing.

Coonan:
A Legacy

1892

Company Founding

A business with the name E.A. Coonan & Son was founded in 1892 by Edward A. Coonan at Rathcoffey, a small village 5 miles from Maynooth and 20 miles Dublin. Traditionally the firm was primarily associated with the agricultural sector – both letting and sale of lands together with the sale of commercial properties in its business area.

History slider 1

1935

The business was transferred to Maynooth by his son, Billy Coonan in 1935 and a second branch was opened in Celbridge in 1999. A third branch opened in Naas in Spring of 2018. Billy passed away in 1948 at which stage his wife Eileen took over with Dick Brophy (who had joined in 1946).

History slider 1

1961

Billy’s son Willie Coonan joins and takes over the business in 1978. Under his leadership the firm becomes a leading agency in Ireland as the focus is changed to the sale of Stud Farms and around the turn of the century with the spread of Dublin to the commuter towns in north Kildare the firm changes its focus to Development Land and New Homes though continuing with its part in the Stud Farm and Agricultural sector. Willie continues to be involved as a consultant to the present trading company known as Coonan Property.

History slider 1

2018

Today under the guidance of Will Coonan Jr. the great grandson of Edward Coonan the firm continues to be a leading light in the Irish property industry with a core focus on marketing new homes schemes as the demand for Coonan Property services continues to grow. Looking to the future with the opening of a third office in Naas this Spring it gives Coonan excellent spread across the areas they serve.

History slider 1

Contact Us

If you would have a query in relation to any of our professional services please complete the form below and a member of our team will respond